EN

Translate:

FREE Worldwide Delivery on orders over £150

Jewellery Care

YAA YAA LONDON Jewellery Care Advice

  

Please keep your jewellery away from chemicals. Chemicals can damage or discolour precious metals and may harm some coloured gems. Even everyday substances like hairspray, body lotion, perfume or other cosmetics can contain chemicals that will permanently damage the surface of delicate or porous gems (like turquoise). Jewellery should be removed before using chlorinated swimming pools or before using household cleaners. Many of these cleaners contain ammonia, which can be too harsh for delicate gems and jewellery. Chlorine bleach and other common household solvents and cleaners can also damage gold alloys. 


Many gemstones are routinely treated to improve the appearance of colour and clarity. These treatments can be negatively affected by heat, solvents, steam and ultrasonic cleaners. Gemstones that are susceptible to heat and temperature changes whether they are treated or not. 


Gold and Rose Gold plating canwear off so we do not recommend to wear it continuously. Take your jewellery off before you exercise at the gym, style your hair with products, use cleansing toners on your face/body, hair removal creams, avoid spraying perfume directly on to your jewellery and semi-precious stones. It will rub off more quickly where there is constant contact with skin.  A local goldsmith or jeweller will be able to re-plate it for you. We recommended Goddards silver cleaner.


Gemstones can also fade and will bleach under extreme exposure to light. Other gems can darken over time when exposed to too much light. Excessive heat and sudden temperature changes may also fracture some gems. Heat can easily remove the natural moisture these gems need to keep their beauty. 


------------------------


jewelry cleaning, jewellery care, jewelry stores


Take care of your jewellery and keep your gems sparkling
Take care of your jewellery and keep your gems sparkling